Although its burial ground is far older, Adel Meeting was formally established in 1940. At that time its members considered it important to ensure that its public notice boards were placed conspicuously for the display of peace posters. These can still be seen on New Adel Lane outside the meeting house where, today, a warm welcome is offered by friends and attenders who span the age range.
Thanks to an appeal launched in 2006, extensive building work at Adel Meeting was completed in Spring 2009, providing a new room for children and activities, new kitchen and toilet facilities and full disabled access.
Adel has about 70 members and attenders plus children. We meet together in silent worship, sharing challenging ministry and the joyful contribution of the children. Set among mature trees and a woodland garden, the meeting house is situated 200 metres from the Otley Road, and is conveniently placed for public transport.